Once in a blue moon I get around to actually blogging. Things have been crazy and busy during the past 3 months since the last post. I am going to do three separate posts today so I am going to start with school.
School is almost 1/2 over already. I cannot believe how quickly time is passing by this year. We just sent out our quarter 2 mid-terms. Christmas vacation will be here before I know it. Things in the district with all the changes had a rough start but the kinks are getting worked out. I am lucky enough to have a great principal that is really trying hard to get everything to fall into place. I am enjoying my high school classes that I am teaching for the first time this year. I do miss not having as many middle school classes but I am adjusting.
Basketball season has also started. It have 24 girls this year. I was sure that many of them would quite the first few days of the season because that is the norm, but this year everyone decided to stick with it. Mahonri is helping me coach this year and it has been fun to have him helping me. We decided to not do try-outs and just allow all 24 girls to be on the team. It is probably a few too many but that just means next year we will have more to pick from that have some experience. This year the team has no seniors and only 5 players from last year's team. We are extremely young and inexperienced but Mahonri and I will work hard to get them ready to play. Almost all the girls can make a lay-up now, which is a lot more than the handful that could when we started, so I guess we have accomplished something during the past 3 weeks. Without any background knowledge or experience with basketball for most of the girls we have been going really slow and focusing a lot on the basics. It is challenging but we do like challenges. Wish us luck this season because we are going to need it!
In other news, I decided to cut my hair and donate it to Locks of Love. I am not very sentimental so I did not take before and after pictures. The only picture I have is from my cell phone because my best friend asked me to send her a picture. Here is that picture:


1 comment:
Wow, I didn't know he was helping you coach. That's cool! Hopefully you guys will whip them into shape and next year you'll be awesome. :) I'm also commenting on the other two posts here. We could not for the life of us figure out what your pumpkins were until they were lit up. They turned out really cool. Quique did an Angry Birds one this year. Lucy and I just painted ours. The smell was killing me this year. And once again, cute hair :) How have you been liking it? I'm planning on cutting mine in the next few months too. Long hair and babies don't go well together.
Post a Comment