Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer

Where has the time gone? It feels like it was just a few weeks ago that I interviewed for the job in Gunnison and now it is almost time for school to start again. It is a different feeling this summer as school grows closer. I am excited to be here in Gunnison and get the opportunity to teach in the school where I learned to love education, but I am getting really nervous. Everything is going to be new and unfamiliar, but I am sure I am going to learn everything and love it just like I learned to love Beaver Dam.

We have spent some time at Yuba and Lake Powell doing this:


We also enjoy going up the mountains and enjoying the outdoors. Mahonri has a big bull permit this year so we have been looking for elk. We don't get up as often as we would like because Mahonri is really busy working, but when we do get up we love it. We went up with Ryan and Dakota one evening and took some cool pictures. Here is the view:



We are trying to purchase a house. I will say that buying a house is not the greatest experience and I will be very happy when things finally come together and we are able to close. Once that happens I will post more about the house. Enjoy the rest of the summer as it is coming to a close quickly.

No comments: