The next picture is the office on the right and the SEI teacher's classroom on the left.
And here is a picture of our mascot, the scorpions, that a few students painted last year. It is painted on the lockers, or the locker bin, not sure what to call it.
Here are our two drinking fountains:
Here it is, my classroom! I bet you can't guess which door leads to my classroom. Yes is the door that is proudly displaying BYU!
The inside set-up of my classroom this year. My first year I had rows, didn't like it. Last year I had quads, didn't really like that either. So this year I have a U shape with a row of horizontal desks in the middle. It really leaves the middle of the classroom open for different activities. We'll find out if I like this or not.
My corner, my desk! I love it!
My "gym" or rather blacktop, painted blue in the middle, and 4 baskets, 2 on each side. Oh the games you can make up to play on the blacktop. Thank goodness for sidewalk chalk!
And the other half of my gym...my nice grass field that in the past two years has developed into dirt and some grass...lovely, especially after they water!
10 comments:
Wow... I knew you worked in a small school, but, holy cow. That is TINY!
Yeah I can't really do the whole shocked comment thing because you took me there already BUT I do have one thing to say. If I were your student I would stand outside your classroom door and PROTEST! I would not be caught dead walking through THAT door :) You're lucky you're in Arizona because in Utah that would NOT fly missy :) GO UTES!!(Frandsen's please don't kill me)
I'm so glad that you posted these pictures! I love seeing where you work. And your desk looked so nice and neat!!
Thank you so much. I have a much better appreciation for your work. It's almost like being on a mission. Do you have an indoor gymnasium? Do you have air conditioning? You are an amazing young lady. The picture of Mahonri and rattlesnake makes me think of the old times when were the hunters and gatherers.
Melissa,
You are absolutely AWESOME and your students are so fortunate you are their teacher. We are impressed with the circumstances under which you teach.
Love, Aunt Shauna
So this is way off topic, but we watched the Hannah Montana movie last night. I decided she reminds me of you...of course, you're not as cheesy as she is. :)
Ron told us about your blog, very nice. I agree with Ron, you are a very amazing young women.
Melissa, you and Mahonri look so happy! I love reading about the things you guys to together. Hope the beginning of the school year is going well.
Just thought I would comment again to see if you put anything new on here. We miss seeing you guys!
How's the weather. It's in the low 80's here. Ha Ha!!
What adventures for your first summer married--Rattlesnake killings and all. I bet Grandpa Frandsen was proud!
You are an awesome person Melissa. Seeing your school puts a lot of your stories into perspective. I admire you for sticking with it--even if you don't have the best facilities. :) Sweet door sign!
Post a Comment