Friday, October 9, 2009

Hawaii Trip

I know we are terrible at keeping the blog updated but it seems like there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. Time is moving by quickly. Before I post about our Hawaii trip, I want to show you something that I should've posted about long ago but neglected it. Here is a picture of it:





Mahonri got an elk on opening morning of the bow hunt! It was a 68 yard shot which is far with a bow. He's a great hunter. Good job Mahonri!


We recently took a trip to Hawaii with my family. My dad had the ADA convention there this year and was generous enough to ask if we wanted to join him. All of my family came along except my younger brother, Cutler, who elected to stay home and play football, and my nephew, Kaden, who went to California to spend time with his grandparents.


We did a lot of fun things while we were in Hawaii. We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, did some snorkeling (thank you to Jared and Tamara who met us at the PCC and let us borrow their snorkeling gear), parasailing, and sight seeing. We went to the temple, although they are remodeling so we couldn't do a session.


While snorkeling, Mahonri got to see two turtles. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them because by that time I had swallowed so much water that I went back to the beach to rest. However, we did get to see a turtle at one of the other beaches we visited, and that we pretty cool.


Parasailing was pretty fun, except I got a little sea sick while we were waiting for our turn. Once we got in the air though, it was awesome. I thought being 700-800 feet above the ground would scare me to death but I enjoyed the ride.


The trip home from Hawaii was a little stressful as we got delayed when leaving Hawaii. We had a short layover in LA before we flew to Vegas. We got to LA with only about 20 minutes before our next flight left. We had to get off the plane and get to the next gate within that time. Mahonri went ahead of me and got to the gate first. They were trying to make him board the plan so they could leave but he refused to leave without me. Once I got there the lady at the ticket quickly boarded us and I tried telling her that my brother, his wife, and there little baby were behind us and on their way. She didn't listen. She took us through the door and closed it. As I was going down the walkway, I kept telling her and when we reached the plane door, finally someone listened and took sympathy on my request to wait for them. She went out and called security to find my brother's family and help them to the plane. Luckily, the ended up waiting but left as soon as they reached the plane, out of breath from running. I don't think they even had time to buckle their seat belts.


I'm not really sure what else to write about the trip. We had a great time and are grateful that my parents took us along. Below you will find pictures of our trip!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Hawaii
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Enrique and Lindsay said...

Yay for updating the blog! Good job. I already commented on your trip on Facebook so this is all about how proud I am of you for taking time out of your busy day to update us on your life :) Oh and good job Mahonri on the huge elk. What are you doing with it?

SoRenSeNs said...

I'm jealous! It looks so pretty there. I would also like to congratulate you on updating your blog, we don't ever see you guys any more, so it's nice to see what you've been up to.

AnaLee M. said...

So fun to see your pictures. I'm glad that you got to go. It looks like a lot of fun!

ron said...

I enjoyed watching the slide show. Love, Uncle Ron