I am a horrible blogger. If only a post would get posted each time I thought about blogging, then our blog would be overflowing with posts. It's just difficult to take the time to sit down and actually do it.
A few weeks ago I kept thinking I needed to post about an experience at school but as usual, I put it off. The same thing happened about a week ago so I guess I do need to post about it. This is something that would only happen at Beaver Dam Middle School. As you know, I do not have a gym to have PE in, so we have to have class outside regardless of the weather. If it is raining then usually we stay inside and watch a sports related movie. (What else am I supposed to do? I can't really take them outside to get soaking wet.) Anyway, it had rained during the night, so when I got to school, my grass--aka dirt---field was completely muddy. The sports court had puddles of water all over it. Apparently, it is not level at all and the water pools in a few places. Well, only in Beaver Dam would you have to take a big squeegee and push the water off your "classroom" before you can have class. Yes don't worry, this happened twice in the past month where I had to push water around as my students warmed up and stretched. Oh the fun and excitement of working where I work.
Here is a funny thing that happened at work last week. When the elementary teachers come pick their class up from the gym, they usually let the students get a quick drink from the fountain outside of the gym. They don't like to waste a lot of time getting drinks so they always use the saying, 1-2-3 save some for me and then the student is supposed to stop drinking and go back to class. This one particular boy kept drinking and when his teacher finally got him to stop taking a drink, she said "You drank a lot of water. Make sure you save some for the fishes and dolphins in the ocean." The reply came from this younger first grader, "The water I drank is from the ocean?" It was really hilarious and made me remember just how impressionable these young minds are.
Not a lot has been going on with us. We were able to go to a few houses during the parade of homes. There were some pretty neat things we got to see. Mahonri's Spring Break is during this upcoming week and mine is at the end of the month. It will be nice to have the time off, we just wish our breaks could have been at the same time. We hope all is well with everyone.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to see you. We always love you. Love, Uncle Ron
What does a giant squegee look like?
Post a Comment