Although the series against the Lakers hasn't started out well, the series against the Nuggets was awesome. Not many people were giving the Jazz a chance, especially with Kirelinko and Memo hurt and unable to play. The Jazz definitely have heart though and surprised many in winning the series in 6 games. Mahonri and I took a little trip up to SLC on April 30 and and went to Energy Solutions Arena to attend the final game of the series. My wonderful husband came up with this brilliant idea when I was down about not being able to attend a coaching clinic in Las Vegas. I had been looking forward to the clinic, but then a more important event came up, (a baby blessing of our nephew) so I had to scratch the clinic so we could make it to the blessing. When I got home from work on Thursday (April 29), Mahonri told me he had thought of something to replace the clinic, the Jazz game. We would take the money that would have been spent on the clinic and go to game 6 of the Jazz/Denver playoff series. Can I just say I have an extremely smart and thoughtful husband? I agreed it was a brilliant idea and we purchased tickets. I have been to a few Jazz games in my lifetime, but I have never attended a playoff game nor had Mahonri. It was an awesome experience and the atmosphere is just crazy and elevated about a normal Jazz game. When we walked into the arena as they were announcing the starting lineups, it was so loud. We enjoyed the game and were happy to see the Jazz win the game and send the Nuggets packing for the summer. Here are a few pictures of the game:
Huddle before the game:
What's the game plan?
Let the game begin:
Running the Offense:
DWill Free Throws:
Boozer Free Throws:
If the opportunity ever arises to go to a playoff game, we would recommend it. It was a great experience. We are looking forward to summer as it is fast approaching. I am looking forward to the time off. I can honestly say that summer vacation is more for the teachers than for the students. Hopefully we can fill our summer with fishing, camping, and scoping out deer and elk that Mahonri can hunt. I can't wait!
1 comment:
What a fun time! We're looking forward to summer also. Isaac keeps talking about going up the canyon with you guys so . . .
Post a Comment