Thursday, July 15, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well we have had an extremely busy July thus far. To celebrate the 4th of July, we went to Gunnison to spend time with our families and celebrate small town style. I love the 4th of July, it is one of my favorite holidays. We made it to Gunnison to watch the fireworks on the 2nd. On the 3rd we watched the parade with some of Mahonri's family. It was very cute to watch the little ones run around and pick up the candy. I love seeing the joy on their faces. We then spent some time at the park talking to friends and just enjoying the day. In the evening, we went with my family to the Stadium of Fire. Carrie Underwood was the main attraction and she was amazing. She puts on an awesome concert and her voice is spectacular. We then got to watch a great firework show, which I loved!
On Monday (5th) was Mahonri's birthday so we decided to head up the mountains to celebrate. He loves being outdoors and in the mountain air so we went up and went fishing. It was a pretty slow day fishing and we only got a few bites with no luck catching anything. Regardless, it was still a fun day. We love getting away and relaxing. On our trip home we saw this:

A pine hen with her chicks crossing the road. She actually had a few more chicks with her but I was too slow at taking the picture. It was neat to see. Happy Birthday Mahonri!

We were unable to do anything in June to celebrate our anniversary so this past week we decided to take a late anniversary trip and headed to San Diego. We left St. George on Sunday after church and drove to San Diego. After getting caught in traffic we finally made it between 11:30 and midnight. On Monday, we went to Sea World. We both really enjoyed Sea World and thought it was the best part of the trip. We went to the Sea Lions Show, the Whale show...featuring Shamu...and the dolphin show. They were all really fun but we enjoyed the Shamu show the best. We also were able to see a lot of different aquatic animals. We especially enjoyed the sharks and the penguins. It was a fun day and we got to eat cotton candy which can only make the day better! We went to the zoo on Tuesday. It is such a big zoo and had a lot of neat animals. We liked the big cats, like the Snow Leopard and the Black Jaguar. I really liked the monkeys as well. Many of the animals we saw, Mahonri has actually seen in the wild when he was serving his mission in South Africa. On Wednesday we went to see the temple before we headed home. I love the way the San Diego temple looks because to me it looks like a castle. I was so excited to see it and was a little disappointed when we got there and it was under construction. It still looks neat and big but it doesn't have the same castle look when it is covered by the construction things. The temple is still operating during the construction and we thought about doing a session but decided against it because we didn't want to have to drive home in the dark. It was a fun trip and it was nice to get away and celebrate. For those of you that would like to see some pictures of our trip, they are posted on my facebook page. Non-facebook users or facebook friends, here is a link so you can see the pictures as well:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=233202&id=551167264&l=af367c1d7c

We hope everyone is having a great summer. I cannot believe how quickly it has gone by and how close the start of school is getting. If we get another news or do anything else worthy of sharing we will post again. Later!

4 comments:

AnaLee M. said...

Loved the photos of your trip. I'm glad you were able to go do something fun. I've never been to SD. One day!

SoRenSeNs said...

You guys are "busy busy busy"! So fun though. I love the updates since we don't get to see you guys too often. Keep 'em coming!

Kelly and Kathy said...

I'm glad you updated your blog and had a great time on your trip. We're looking forward to seeing you next week.
Love, Mom and Dad

ron said...

I enjoy keeping up with you.Love, Uncle Ron