As always, I have been slacking when it comes to keeping the blog updated. We have both been busy with school and work. I cannot believe how quickly the school year has gone by so far. We are already finished with the first quarter and have only a month and a half left until the semester break. It has been a busy school year and it's only going to be busier as basketball season starts tomorrow.
I am going to have a young team, composed mostly of sophomores, but they are excited to play which in return makes me excited to coach. We are going to be a work in progress all season long but hopefully I can help them gain the basic fundamentals to build upon for future seasons.
Mahonri was recently called as the stake assistant men's athletic specialist. We are not exactly sure what this calling entails but I am sure he will learn as times goes on. He will become busier as well once stake basketball begins because we do know he'll be involved with that. I know he'll do a great job.
On Friday we went for a ride up the mountains to give Mahonri a change to sight in his rifle that he got a little bit ago. Here is a picture of him sighting in the gun: 
The pattern on his target was so good that we hung the target up on the fridge!! I told him I'd write A+ on his paper and he said he'd autograph it for me. One day it may be worth something...hahaha.
I am not the biggest fan of Halloween but this year we decided to buy some pumpkins and carve them. I had a lot of fun thinking of something to carve and then spending time together as we carved them. I'll post pictures below. I bet you can't guess who carved which one...Happy Halloween Everyone!
Here they are in the light...
Now in the dark...
You may wonder what a deer has to do with Halloween...Mahonri claims it's the ghost buck!
3 comments:
Great Halloween post--loved the pumpkins.
Those pumpkins looked so great!! See you soon.
Good luck on the basketball season.
Love, Uncle Ron
Post a Comment