Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break

I'm not sure why I ever update the blog because it seems as though nobody ever reads it. Oh well, it helps us record our memories. It was recently spring break. Mahonri and I lucked out this year because my school and DSC scheduled spring break during the same week. Last year we had spring break different weeks and therefore we weren't able to do anything fun together. This year we took advantage of our break and planned a trip to SLC to a Utah Jazz game. We like going to Jazz games but this year has been disappointing to be a Jazz fan. We decided to get tickets to the game against the Minnesota Timberwolves because we figured they may be able to win that game. We purchased the tickets and we able to get 12th row tickets, center court. My parents were given some tickets to this same game so we met them in SLC for dinner prior to the game. The traffic didn't cooperate and we were a little later getting there than planned, so after eating we made it over to the arena. We were a few minutes late but it ended up being in our favor. When we reached our seats, there was a man sitting in them and he asked us if we'd like to change seats. He had seats on the 6th row just in front of us. He wanted to move back so he could be by his friends. Of course, we wouldn't pass up on the opportunity to sit even closer so we switched and went down to the sixth row. It was neat to sit so close. The players are huge. We were close enough that you could hear them talking, although not close enough to always make out what they were saying (which might be a good thing!). The Jazz had a good game, especially CJ Miles who scored 40 points. They won the game and made our trip even better! After the game, we decided to spend the night at Anniversary Inn. It was a fun little get away and we stayed in the mountain themed room. It fit us well. We had a good time. The rest of the week was spent in Gunnison. We went to the temple with Cutler as he took out his endowment and our nephew, Jace, was blessed. It was a great spring break!

4 comments:

The Butler Family said...

I love when you update so I can know what you are up too. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Sad that our trips weren't around the same time. I am going to Centerfield this week. I hope that all is well. Have fun.

Enrique and Lindsay said...

Oh bull! I always comment. Not much to say here since I already knew all that stuff.. but I'm glad you had fun and I'm (sorta) glad you stole my Anniversary Inn idea and went on my anniversary... (I'm still a little bitter.. :)

AnaLee M. said...

I'm glad you do it too. We love it. Either way, you have it recorded which comes in handy!

Kelly and Kathy said...

I do read but rarely comment. It's great when you update.