Friday, May 6, 2011

Fishing

The weather in St. George has been so warm and sunny that past couple of weeks. One evening Mahonri and I decided to take advantage of the nice weather. We tried going fishing Easter weekend but we didn't have any luck because it was crowded. The next Thursday evening, we were able to find time to get out and went fishing at Baker Reservoir. It is a beautiful res. surrounded by trees. There isn't much room to fish from the shore because of all the trees but luckily, we were the only ones there that evening. We were able to fish from one of the only spots shore fishing is possible. Here is a picture of where the res. flows over into a stream. It's a neat looking place.

It was a pretty slow fishing night. We did manage to catch one fish, a rainbow trout. We released the fish back into the water because neither of us enjoy eating fish. We are looking forward to summer when we will have more time to fish and hopefully camp.

I only have 2 weeks of school left this school year. Mahonri has 2 weeks off of school (although he'll be spending them at his annual training for guard) and then he'll be taking classes this summer semester. We are still waiting to find out about next year and the jobs in Beaver Dam.

4 comments:

Kelly and Kathy said...

I'll get to be the first to comment. I've now commented on two posts in a row--wow. Now I'll probably just go back to reading. It's a beautiful place.

AnaLee M. said...

How fun! Fishing is all Isaac talks about these days. We are looking forward to camping also. What are your summer plans?? Do you work during the summer? Great to see your post. It's been a while. :)

SoRenSeNs said...

I'm jealous of your warm weather! Looks fun!

Enrique and Lindsay said...

I didn't know about this post. That looks like a fun place. Where is it?